Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow dayssssssssssss

It's so freaking quiet when it snows. Everything just... stops. It's neat, and I like it.


Also- I like the fact that it is almost 8 on a Monday morning and I am sitting on my ass in my pajamas watching Ryder push his trucks around the room like a crazy man. Usually, my kids would just now be arriving at school, going crazy and screeching about their weekend. Lucky for meeeeeeeee I can push it off until tomorrow or (fingers crossed) Wednesday and then they can come running in screeching about their snow adventures. They're really good kids, but goddamn they give me headaches! I seriously need to get back to writing and get away from depending on my teaching "paycheck" because it's crap. Seriously. Or, at least weasel my way into the public school system, either way. 


Anyway- I'm impressed with the snow this time. I'm very skeptical when the weatherman calls for snow, especially when it's enough to get me off work, so when Michael text me thing morning at like 5:15 and asked if we'd gotten snow I was almost scared to go look out the window. I knew that school was cancelled, but they cancel school if there's just ice. I begrudgingly hopped out of bed and went to the window. Holy hell it actually snowed! Like... enough to cover the grass. That's unusual. Ah well- I'm off to bundle my kid and throw snowballs in his face. :)

1 comment:

  1. I wished we lived close enough so that I could throw one at his face too!!!!! Sqeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete